Check in week 3. 21 weeks to go. I hope we are sticking to the challenge rules and giving our hair the love it needs.
What is a moisturizer? It is a hair product that is applied to the hair strands to return moisture that has been lost. It is a product used to combat dryness of hair stands.
Importance of keeping hair moisturized.
- Well moisturized hair is less prone to breakage
- Well moisturized hair is more manageable
- Well moisturized hair looks good.
Finding a good moisturizer.
- A good moisturizer must be water based. Water is the best thing to return moisture to the hair. Make sure water is a part of the first three ingredients on your moisturizer.
- Avoid products that have mineral oil, parabens or petroleum
- Avoid products which contain drying alcohols like ethanol, porpanol and SD alcohol.
- For hair that feels too mushy or frail, look for products with proteins
- For protein sensitive hair, look for products that contain just one protein, or none at all.
Some easily found moisturizers
- ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer
- Elasta QP Olive oil and Mango Butter
- African Pride Shea Butter Miracle lotion
- Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter
- CON Argan Oil Moisturizer
- ORS HAIRepair Anti Breakage Crème
- ORS HAIRepair Anti Moisture Crème
Check in Questions
What is your favourite Moisturizer?
How often do you moisturize?
My check in: My favourite moisturizer is the Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter, and I moisturize my hair daily. Depending on my hair needs, once or twice in a day.