I’m currently 6 weeks and 4vdays post relaxer. This week’s wash day was full of me trying new things. New product, new technique and new hair tool.
I got myself the “Dark and Lovely Amla Legend Rejuvenating Ritual” Hair mask about a week ago. Abena of ghanaianemprezz.com always had good things to say about this mask, so I had to try it. And yesterday, after researching for about a week, I bought myself a “Hair Therapy Wrap.’’ I decided to get this because school starts and this would make this easy to deep treat my hair while on campus. And I used it for this wash day because, once I got something new, I got to play/use it.
- First, I pre-pooed with coconut oil for almost 2days because, I was feeling quite lazy, and I didn’t really have any place to go.
- I shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, because, I felt the need to clean my scalp real good.
- Did an oil rinse*new technique* by applying coconut oil on my hair strands.
- Then I did a medium protein treatment with ORS Mayonnaise, put on my thermal wrap *new tool*(yay) and finished an episode of Orange Is The New Black for about 25 minutes, the rinsed out.
- Rinsed out, and applied the Amla Legend Mask *new product*on my strands and used my thermal wrap again.
- Rinsed it out and then used my wide tooth comb as the water flowed through my hair.
- Wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to soak up the excess water, and then applied my leave in: Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in cream and air dried in twists.
- Moisturised with Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer. It made a section of my hair feel hard, the rest felt fine. (If you have any idea why this happened, please leave a comment)
I didn’t seal last night as I moisturized and sealed this morning before getting back in my cornrows.
Over all, my hair felt great. strengthened but not lacking in moisture.