Thursday 22 January 2015

WASH NIGHT: 6 weeks post



I’m currently 6 weeks and 4vdays post relaxer. This week’s wash day was full of me trying new things. New product, new technique and new hair tool.

I got myself the “Dark and Lovely Amla Legend Rejuvenating Ritual” Hair mask about a week ago. Abena of ghanaianemprezz.com always had good things to say about this mask, so I had to try it. And yesterday, after researching for about a week, I bought myself a “Hair Therapy Wrap.’’ I decided to get this because school starts and this would make this easy to deep treat my hair while on campus. And I used it for this wash day because, once I got something new, I got to play/use it.


Wash Day:

  • First, I pre-pooed with coconut oil for almost 2days because, I was feeling quite lazy, and I didn’t really have any place to go.

  • I shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, because, I felt the need to clean my scalp real good.
  • Did an oil rinse*new technique* by applying coconut oil on my hair strands.  
  • Then I did a medium protein treatment with ORS Mayonnaise, put on my thermal wrap *new tool*(yay) and finished an episode of Orange Is The New Black for about 25 minutes, the rinsed out.

  • Rinsed out, and applied the Amla Legend Mask *new product*on my strands and used my thermal wrap again.

  • Rinsed it out and then used my wide tooth comb as the water flowed through my hair.
  • Wrapped my hair in a t-shirt to soak up the excess water, and then applied my leave in: Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in cream and air dried in twists.
  • Moisturised with Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer. It made a section of my hair feel hard, the rest felt fine. (If you have any idea why this happened, please leave a comment)

I didn’t seal last night as I moisturized and sealed this morning before getting back in my cornrows.
Over all, my hair felt great. strengthened but not lacking in moisture.
Stay Awesome!
The Wash Day Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Popular Posts