Hey lovelies!!!! So I have decided to come to you with A HEALTHY HAIR CHALLENGE!! This is my very first challenge and it’ll run on the blog, my Facebook page and Instagram (with hashtag: MsDirectionHHJ). The aim if this challenge is to become more familiar and used to healthy hair practices, as well as make this healthy hair journey a lifestyle for most. The challenge will run for 6 months, and commences on 1st January 2015 and ends 31st June 2015. If I find that the challenge serves the purpose it was created for, I’ll gladly extend or restart it. I want this challenge to be more focused on healthy hair rather than length growth. Once the hair and scalp are healthy, length WILL follow. There will NOT be a prize at the end of this challenge but I do hope a positive transformation at the end of the challenge will be more than enough encouragement.
RULES OF THE CHALLENGE
1. Scalp should be kept clean as frequently as possible, at most once a week, and at least every two weeks for my ladies in protective styles or starting the journey afresh.
2. A sulfate free shampoo is recommended. However if you do not have one, it is mandatory to pre-poo (pre-shampoo treatment) before every wash day.
3. Always condition your hair after washing either with an instant conditioner or moisturizing or balanced deep conditioner (A deep conditioner is more recommeded).
4. Always detangle before wash day.
5. Always moisturize and seal in the moisture as often as required (A daily M&S routine does wonders for length retention).
6. Scalp massages with an oil of choice at least 3 times a week to boost circulation and in turn promote growth.
7. Mild protein treatment once a month and a hard protein treatment every 2 months. At the end of the challenge you should have done 3 hard protein treatments.
8. Air dry after washday or use indirect heat. i.e a hooded dryer.
9. NIGHT TIME ROUTINE! ALWAYS sleep with your hair covered with a silk or satin bonnet or head scarf
10. Keep your ends tucked in 70-90% of the time
KEEP YOUR ENTIRE BODY HEALTHY BY:
· Drinking loads of water at least 1500 ml and at most 3000ml. You can do more if you need to or want to
· Cutting down on junk food.
· Getting an exercise routine
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· A Good Shampoo (preferable sulfate free) eg. CON Argan oil shampoo, ORS Invigorating Shampoo, Tresemme Naturals……..
· Moisturizing or Balanced Deep conditioner eg. CON Aragn oil Intensive Conditioner, ORS Replenishing conditioner, Beautiful Textures DC……
· Leave in Conditioner eg. CON Argan Oil Leave in, African Pride Leave in, Beautiful Textures Tangle taming leave in……..
· Water based moisturizer eg. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter, Elasta QP Mango butter, African Pride Moisturizer……..
· Mild/Light Protein Treatment/conditioner eg. ORS Mayonnaise, Elasta QP Soy Oyl……
· Oils for hair, eg Extra Virgin Olive oil, Extra Virgin Coconut oil, Castor oil, Grapeseed oil, Shea Oil, Jojoba Oil…….
· Wide toothed comb
· Satin bonnets or head scarf
WHAT TO AVOID
Petroleum and Mineral oil Based Products, Direct Heat, Unfriendly hair accessories ad stlyers, small tooth combs for daily use.
HOW TO JOIN
Send in starting pictures to my email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or To my FB page – Ms Direction Gh
Or on instagram – NISA_HRHJ through a DM Or by using hashtag: MsDirectionhhj
ALL entries must be sent in by December 31 2014
All hair types invited!!!!!!!!
Leave suggestion or questions in the comments section.