So, I am about to make my first wash day post. I plan on making these posts more frequent. What better way to start than with the first wash day for 2015!
I hadn’t washed my hair in 2 weeks, because, I am currently wigging it, and I have scheduled wash days 2 weeks apart. And it is too cold and too dry to wash my hair frequently. I am 5 weeks post relaxer, and wash day was a breeze.
- I finger detangled and twisted my hair in four sections.
- I pre-poo’d with a mixture of ‘Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner’ and Coconut Oil. I usually just do oil, or just conditioner but with the harmattan, I decided to mix the 2. I let it sit for one hour and proceeded to wash
- I shampooed with ‘Crème of Nature Argan Oil Sulphate Free Shampoo’
- I deep conditioned for an hour, with ‘Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment
- Applied my leave-ins at 50-70% dry with ‘Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream’
- Moisturized with ‘Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer
- Put my hair in 4 twists, and slept in my satin bonnet.
And then today, (Saturday) went to the salon, and got cornrows installed for my wig.
I love how thick my hair looked after washday. My hair felt moisturized today even after 2 days, I am going to attribute that to my pre-poo mix.