Saturday 10 January 2015

Wash Day [5 weeks post]


Hello people,
So, I am about to make my first wash day post. I plan on making these posts more frequent. What better way to start than with the first wash day for 2015!
I hadn’t washed my hair in 2 weeks, because, I am currently wigging it, and I have scheduled wash days 2 weeks apart. And it is too cold and too dry to wash my hair frequently. I am 5 weeks post relaxer, and wash day was a breeze.


  1. I finger detangled and twisted my hair in four sections.
  2. I pre-poo’d with a mixture of ‘Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner’ and Coconut Oil. I usually just do oil, or just conditioner but with the harmattan, I decided to mix the 2. I let it sit for one hour and proceeded to wash
  3. I shampooed with ‘Crème of Nature Argan Oil Sulphate Free Shampoo’                                               
  4. I deep conditioned for an hour, with ‘Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment
  5. Applied my leave-ins at 50-70% dry with ‘Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream’     
  6. Moisturized with ‘Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer
  7. Put my hair in 4 twists, and slept in my satin bonnet.



And then today, (Saturday) went to the salon, and got cornrows installed for my wig.

I love how thick my hair looked after washday. My hair felt moisturized today even after 2 days, I am going to attribute that to my pre-poo mix.

Stay Awesome!

The Wash Day Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Popular Posts