Monday 26 January 2015

BEENZU DIRECTS!!!!!!!

I got to feature lovely Beenzu of glamlushhair.blogspot.com . I hope you enjoy this feature as much as I did.
1. Your hair is........(relaxed includes texlaxed, natural, loc'd)
(Include how you started your journey)
My hair is natural. It was in 2012 when my friend started talking about how she would read up on healthy hair care that I got interested. At first it was absurd to me to read on getting long hair, I was thinking "You can't read about growing hair. If it grows, it  grows." Lol.  But my curiosity got the better of me, a whole new world opened up and here I am today.

2. What's your current length? 
 I am currently between shoulder and armpit length.

3.How long have you been on a hhj and how long did it take to get to your current length?
 I have been on a hhj for about 2 and a half years now. I hit armpit length around July 2014, so it took me 2 years to get there. However I recently chopped in December to my current length as my ends were bad.

4. What's your daily and weekly regimen like?
Daily:
  • Moisturise and seal as needed
  • Wear my satin scarf to bed
  • Take my multivite
Weekly:
  • I wash and deep condition, alternating between protein and moisture
  • Massage scalp as needed
  • Cowash if necessary
  • Apple cider vinegar, rosemary/sage tea rinse, or oil rinse (any one of these depending on how I and my hair are feeling)

5. How do you like to wear your hair? ( i.e your go to protective style)
I am a huge fan of box braids and twists. When my hair is out, I really enjoy textured updos and roll, tuck and pins.

6. Do you use direct heat? If so, how often?
I use direct heat sparingly, usually only when I go to get my hair done at the salon. That is typically once every two months. If im wigging I can go much longer, maybe three months.

7. Are you on any diet or are  taking any vitamins to promote healthy hair growth?
Im not on any diet, I just try to eat healthily, exercise and drink lots of water. As for vitamins, I take garlic capsules for shedding (and health) and my daily multivitamin.

8. If you could have 5 hair related items, what would they be and why? (Briefly)
  •  Curlformers, cause I just love the curls they produce.
  • The EZ hair dryer bonnet. It's so portable and more convenient than the normal hooded dryer.
  • Manetabolism, the reviews are ah-mazing
  • Shea moisture products
  • Cantu shea butter- another product I'd love to try.
9. What do you wish you knew before your hhj?
I wish I knew about healthy hair care sooner, just think of the inches I would have been rocking by now lol!

10. Encourage someone also on a hhj.
 Be patient with your hair, change will not be immediate but consistency will get you there. And don't start every new technique as it comes, you can easily lose track of your focus which is healthy hair.
Find Beenzu on her blog: glamlushhair.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoyed reading this.
Stay Awesome!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adsense

Popular Posts