I have decided to start a new series titled "HHJ:Kitchen Finds". This new series will be to feature natural ingredients easily found in the kitchen that can be used on your hair journey. This ingredients are easy to find and relatively cheap. I hope you enjoy this series.
Onions are used in all households for making their meals, but what many people don’t know is that onions are very beneficial for healthy hair. Onions are a relatively cheap way of enhancing hair growth and overall hair health on your journey. Onions are also very easy to come by.
- Regular consumption of onion helps to treat many hair problems while also promoting healthy hair growth.
- Onions when applied directly to the scalp is an excellent hair growth treatment. The sulfur present in onions is great at stimulation the scalp to provide blood circulation which in turn promotes healthy hair growth.
- Onion juice can be used to prevent and treat pre mature graying and hereditary hair loss respectively.
- Onions can be used to slow down, treat and cure alopecia or female pattern baldness.
- Onions have antibacterial properties for treating scalp infections caused by fungi and/or yeast.
Now you know the benefits onions have to offer, how do you incorporate onions into your regimen?
- Make onion juice by using a grater, blender, juicer or food processor. Onion juice can be applied directly on the scalp for 30 minutes or more before you wash your hair.
- Onions can also be used in your shampoo. Cut onion into tiny pieces and put in your shampoo. Allow it to sit for 15 days to infuse. It stinks bad from what I have heard but the smell doesn’t linger. Follow with a nice smelling conditioner or hairdress and you are good to go.
- Mix onion juice with honey and use as a hair mask. Leave overnight and wash out with a good smelling shampoo and conditioner.
|Do not wait to be bald and crying!! [source:google]|
As usual. Stay Awesome.