|Previous and recent relaxer comparison||shot|
I got a relaxer touch up on June 28th 2014 at 12 weeks post relaxer. It was impromptu but I was able to get prepared for the process. I didn’t mind also because I had deep conditioned a week prior to making the decision to get a touch up. At first I was a bit unsure because I couldn’t feel much new growth. I also was sure I wasn’t going to see any or very little progress, but, on the whole I’m extremely pleased with the outcome. And I’m more and more in love with my hair.
- I coated my already relaxed ends with petroleum jelly to avoid over processing just in case some of the relaxer got on there.
- I tried to base my scalp but my new growth was a bit dense and after getting the petroleum jelly on some of my new growth I decided to stop because, I really didn’t want my new growth under-processed
- I use some petroleum jelly around my edges (forehead), ears and nape to avoid burns.
THE RELAXER PROCESS
I used PROFECTIV RELAX AND REFRESH ANTI DAMAGE NO-LYE RELAXER PLUS COLOR SILKY BLACK #19
- I mixed the relaxer creme with the activator myself. :P
- My stylist applied the relaxer on my new growth ONLY. It’s important to avoid over processing. She smoothed out the relaxer with her fingers only. And I waited to allow the relaxer process. Application plus processing took a little over 17mins.
- She rinsed out the relaxer and washed my hair twice with the Anti- Breakage Neutralizing Mousse. And then put the mousse on my hair and covered it with shower cap.
- I sat for almost 12 minutes because I wanted my hair darker but not too dark and also because the mousse kept running down my face through the shower cap.
- Roller set and sat under the hooded dryer. That’s it.
My, oh my! When I saw my hair it was unbelievable. I had retained and gained length. I was super pleased. And even more pleased with the compliments I received. This relaxer touch up was a success .